This course is approved by The Commission for Case Manager Certification.
For OT professionals, please click here for your course.
- Contact hours:
- Pharmacotherapy hours: 2
- Expiration date: May 1, 2019
- Course price: $55
An overview of the effects of aging and appropriate responses to the issues arising from advancing age.
ATrain Education, Inc. is an approved provider by the American Occupational Therapy Association. The following course information applies to occupational therapy professionals:
- Target Audience: Occupational Therapists, OTAs
- Instructional Level: Intermediate
Criteria for Successful Completion
80% or higher on the post test, a completed evaluation form, and payment where required. No partial credit will be awarded.
Conflict of Interest/Commercial Support
Objectives: When you finish this course you will be able to:
- Tell how demographics reflect disparities in healthcare of the aging.
- Enumerate four models of care for older adults.
- Summarize age-related changes in older adults by body system.
- Describe the medication challenges in elders of polypharmacy and drug misuse.
- Demonstrate the ability to assess both physical and emotional status of an elder person.
- Discuss the risk for falls in terms of etiology and prevention.
- Compare and contrast the types of dementia that may be seen in some elders.
- State what to do if you see signs of suspected abuse of an older adult.
- Describe the various types of advance directives and their purposes.
- Distinguish between palliative care and hospice.