If you are licensed in Washington, please click on the State-Mandated tab above to find the HIV/AIDS course mandated by Washington.
- Contact hours:
- Pharmacotherapy hours: 2
- Expiration date: March 1, 2020
- Course price: $49
This course on HIV covers HIV origin and epidemiology, transmission precautions and infection control, testing and counseling, clinical manifestations and treatment, legal and ethical issues, and psychosocial issues.
ATrain Education, Inc. is an approved provider by the American Occupational Therapy Association. The following course information applies to occupational therapy professionals:
- Target Audience: Occupational Therapists, OTAs
- Instructional Level: Intermediate
- Content Focus: Category 1—Domain of OT, Client Factors;
Category 3—Professional Issues, Legal, Legislative, and Regulatory Issues
Criteria for Successful Completion
80% or higher on the post test, a completed evaluation form, and payment where required. No partial credit will be awarded.
Conflict of Interest/Commercial Support
Objectives: When you finish this course you will be able to:
- Discuss the origin and epidemiology of HIV in the United States.
- Describe transmission, infection control, and prevention of HIV.
- Outline the common testing and counseling requirements for HIV-infected individuals.
- Characterize the clinical manifestations, opportunistic infections and treatment options of HIV/AIDS.
- Identify the legal and ethical issues associated with HIV.
- Discuss the main psychosocial issues facing HIV-infected people and their caregivers.
- Identify global and national resources for healthcare professionals and clients with HIV.