Iowa: Child Abuse, a Guide for Mandatory Reporters
This course has been approved by the Iowa Department of Public Health, approval #2907.
Special instructions for this course:
- As a mandated reporter, you are required to read this course thoroughly.
- Click "Next" at the bottom of each page to move through the course.
- Click "Take the Test" at the bottom of the module 10 then log in or choose a user name and password
- Continue to the test.
- Review missed questions by clicking "Review Course Module."
- When you have passed the test, evaluate the course, then follow instructions for registration and payment.
- Print your certificate.
- Contact hours: 4
- Pharmacotherapy hours: 0
- Expiration date: August 1, 2014
- Course price: $29
Identifies mandatory reporters of child abuse in Iowa and summarizes the procedures for making such a report. Defines child abuse under Iowa law and reviews in detail the procedures of the Iowa Department of Health Services (DHS).
ATrain Education, Inc. is an approved provider by the American Occupational Therapy Association. The following course information applies to occupational therapy professionals:
- Target Audience: Occupational Therapists, OTAs
- Instructional Level: Intermediate
- Content Focus: Category 1—Domain of OT, Client Factors;
Category 2—Occupational Therapy Process, Outcomes
Criteria for Successful Completion
80% or higher on the post test, a completed evaluation form, and payment where required. No partial credit will be awarded.
Conflict of Interest/Commercial Support
Objectives: When you finish this course you will be able to:
- Discuss legal response, in Iowa and the nation, to child abuse.
- Explain who is a mandatory reporter of child abuse in Iowa.
- Summarize the procedures for making a report of child abuse in Iowa.
- Describe what child abuse is under Iowa law.
- Outline the role and responsibilities of the Iowa Department of Health Services in handling a child abuse report.
- Describe what happens after the DHS has completed its assessment of suspected child abuse.
- Summarize how child abuse information is handled by the DHS.
- Outline the training needed for mandatory reporters in Iowa.
- Explain safe havens for newborns.