- Contact hours:
- Pharmacotherapy hours: 3
- Expiration date: October 1, 2018
- Course price: $29
This course is a thorough explanation of the pathophysiology of sepsis and treatment strategies, including the Surviving Sepsis Campaign guidelines.
ATrain Education, Inc. is an approved provider by the American Occupational Therapy Association. The following course information applies to occupational therapy professionals:
- Target Audience: Occupational Therapists, OTAs
- Instructional Level: Intermediate
- Content Focus: Category 1 - Domain of OT, Client Factors
Criteria for Successful Completion
80% or higher on the post test, a completed evaluation form, and payment where required. No partial credit will be awarded.
Conflict of Interest/Commercial Support
Objectives: When you finish this course you will be able to:
- Explain the pathophysiology of sepsis.
- Define sepsis, severe sepsis, and septic shock.
- Identify the groups of people with the highest risk of developing sepsis.
- Summarize the major factors that cause sepsis and list the key events in the systemic spread of a septic reaction.
- Name the important diagnostic signs and laboratory values of sepsis.
- Discuss the clinical presentation of septic shock.
- Explain the three-hour and six-hour bundles in the treatment of sepsis.
- List concerns in providing supportive therapy of severe sepsis.
- Identify the effects on organs and organ systems as management of sepsis continues.
- Explain the scoring systems for determining a prognosis with sepsis.
- Discuss prevention approaches to sepsis.
- Explain the patient experience with sepsis and care measures.