- Contact hours:
- Pharmacotherapy hours: 0
- Expiration date: December 31, 2016
- Course price: $0
This session will cover a variety of topics including understanding your pay rate, how to negotiate a healthcare travel contract, medical Spanish, nurse burnout, healthcare traveler leadership and transformation, successful management of a new healthcare travel assignment, PBDS pearls, legal issues related to license protection from a healthcare traveler's perspective, healthcare travel assignments outside the hospital and in international locations, understanding tax homes, and healthcare agency audits.
ATrain Education, Inc. is an approved provider by the American Occupational Therapy Association. The following course information applies to occupational therapy professionals:
- Target Audience: Occupational Therapists, OTAs
- Instructional Level: Introductory
- Content Focus: Category 3: Professional Issues, Legal, Legislative, Regulatory, and Reimbursement Issues; Contemporary Issues and Trends
Criteria for Successful Completion
80% or higher on the post test, a completed evaluation form, and payment where required. No partial credit will be awarded.
Conflict of Interest/Commercial Support
Objectives: When you finish this course you will be able to:
- Identify three factors that affect your overall pay package as a healthcare travel professional.
- Relate three communication best-practices when a healthcare traveler is working with more than one healthcare travel agency.
- Describe three cultural and language considerations when working with Spanish-speaking clients with limited English.
- Discuss three strategies a healthcare traveler can use to mitigate or eliminate stress and burnout.
- Relate four communication styles and strategies for adjusting your communication style to fit the dominant style of a travel assignment.
- Understand the PBDS competency testing tool, its intended purpose, and how it is administered to traveling healthcare professionals.
- Identify three guidelines for success when navigating a challenging healthcare travel assignment.
- List four ways to protect your professional license from a healthcare traveler's perspective.
- Describe three practice opportunities for healthcare travelers outside the hospital setting.
- Describe how a traveler cancellation impacts a healthcare facility and patient care.
- Understand the legal implications of a tax home for healthcare travelers working outside their state of residence.