Authors: Mary Lynn Mathre, RN, MSN, CARN
Contact hours: 3.5
Expiration date: May 1, 2020
Course price: $26
Reviews the medicinal use of cannabis, introduces the endocannabinoid system, addresses myths, outlines therapeutic indications, and spells out dosages and routes of administration. This course addresses public policy and legal issues as use of medicinal cannabis becomes legal in a growing number of states throughout the United States.
Criteria for Successful Completion
80% or higher on the post test, a completed evaluation form, and payment where required. No partial credit will be awarded.
When you finish this course you will be able to:
- Summarize three myths and truths about cannabis as a medication.
- Identify phytocannabinoids, and contrast Marinol with cannabis occurring in nature.
- Explain the endocannabinoid system and its implications for the use of cannabis as medication.
- Comment on three generally supposed health risks related to cannabis as medication.
- State three therapeutic effects and indications for cannabis.
- Discuss four common routes of administration of cannabis.
- Describe four elements of patient and family education regarding cannabis.
- Debate three public policy and legal issues associated with the medicinal use of cannabis.