1 Catergory A contact hour. This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91). Approval # ONA 21000.
ATrain Education, Inc. is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
JoAnn O’Toole, RN, BSN
Lauren Robertson, BA, MPT
Contact hours: 1
Expiration date: September 18, 2019
Course price: $10
Historical review of the establishment nurse practice acts and nursing boards. Comprehensive discussion of Chapter 4723-4, Rules Related to Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses in Ohio. Meets the 1-unit requirement for coursework related to rules and laws for Ohio nurses.
Criteria for Successful Completion
80% or higher on the post test, a completed evaluation form, and payment where required. No partial credit will be awarded.
When you finish this course you will be able to:
- Describe the four common features of nursing practice acts in the United States.
- State the overall mission of the Ohio Board of Nursing.
- Describe the four responsibilities of the Ohio Nurses Association.
- Summarize the purpose of Chapter 4723-4 of the Ohio Administrative Code.
- Describe the five elements of the nursing process for a Registered Nurse.
- Describe three ways in which the nursing process as an LPN differs from that of the RN.
- Define specialty certification.