For mail order or to view/download a printable copy of this course, please click here
Approval Statement: 2 Category A contact hours. This continuing nursing education activity is approved by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91). Approval #ONA 21994.
Fran Laughton, RN, PHN, MSN, FNP
JoAnn O’Toole, RN, BSN
Lauren Robertson, BA, MPT
Contact hours: 2
Expiration date: March 24, 2021
Course price: $19
Historical review of the establishment nurse practice acts and nursing boards. Comprehensive discussion of Chapter 4723-4, Rules Related to Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses in Ohio, including delegation. Meets the 2-unit requirement for coursework related to rules and laws for Ohio nurses.
Criteria for Successful Completion
Study the course material, achieve a score of 80% or higher on the post test (the post test can be repeated if a learner scores less than 80%), complete the course evaluation, and pay where required. No partial credit will be awarded.
When you finish this course you will be able to:
- State 4 general responsibilities of nursing practice acts.
- Describe the chief responsibility of the Ohio Board of Nursing.
- Summarize the purpose of Chapter 4723-4 of the Ohio Administrative Code.
- Describe the 5 elements of the nursing process for a Registered Nurse.
- Describe 3 ways in which the nursing process as an LPN differs from that of the RN.
- Define specialty certification.
- Provide definitions for delegation and delegating nurse.
- Describe the 4 most common causes of practice failures resulting in disciplinary actions.