For mail order or to view/download a printable copy of this course, please click here
This course fulfills the 2-unit requirement for training in workplace impairment for Florida nurses.
Author: Susan Walters Schmid, PhD
Contact hours: 2
Expiration date: November 1, 2023
Course price: $19
Addresses the problem of substance use disorder (SUD) in Florida, with emphasis on levels of misuse and the risks and protective factors for nurses. Identifies behaviors and signs of SUD, and workplace impairment due to SUD. Summarizes Florida laws and requirements for nurses with regard to SUD. Outlines the process for reporting workplace impairment in Florida and describes the component of the Florida Intervention Project for Nurses. Finally, discusses employer initiatives to promote safety through assistance and prevention opportunities.
Criteria for Successful Completion
Study the course material, achieve a score of 80% or higher on the post test (the post test can be repeated if a learner scores less than 80%), complete the course evaluation, and pay where required. No partial credit will be awarded.
When you finish this course you will be able to:
- Briefly outline the problem of substance use disorder in Florida and the United States.
- Discuss substance use disorder in terms of levels of misuse and risk and protective factors, especially among nurses.
- Identify behaviors and signs of substance use disorder and workplace impairment due to substance use disorder.
- Summarize Florida laws and requirements for nurses regarding substance use disorders.
- Explain the process for reporting workplace impairment in Florida.
- Describe the components of the Florida Intervention Project for Nurses.
- Discuss employer initiatives to promote safety and assistance and prevention opportunities.