Michigan: Human Trafficking Today
Click Here to Start Michigan: Human Trafficking Today
This will take you directly to the course content. Register or login when you reach the last chapter.
For Mail Order
If you prefer to take the course via mail order, select the PDF tab above and follow the written instructions.
Michigan: Human Trafficking Today—Course Summary
Source: hhs.gov, 2022.
Human trafficking (human slavery) is not only seen across the world but also in the United States. Healthcare professionals may be the only people to whom victims have access who can help them escape their captors and move from victimhood to survivor. This course presents risk factors for becoming a victim as well as ways to identify the person in a clinical setting. All health agencies must train staff how to proceed when trafficking is suspected. Screening and assessment tools are included.
This course fulfills the requirement for training in human trafficking for nurses and other healthcare professionals in Michigan.
If you suspect that any child or adult is a victim, or is at risk of becoming a victim, call 855 444 3911 any time, day or night. If the individual is in imminent danger, immediately call 911.
Criteria for Successful Completion
Study the course material, achieve a score of 80% or higher on the post test (the post test can be repeated if a learner scores less than 80%), complete the course evaluation, and pay where required. No partial credit will be awarded.
Conflict of Interest / Commercial Support Disclosure
The planners and authors of this learning activity have declared no conflicts of interest, vested interest, or financial relationship that may influence the content of this activity. All information is provided fairly and without bias.
ATrain Education, Inc. received no outside financial or commercial support in the preparation, presentation, or implementation of this learning activity and has no affiliation with any company whose products or services are mentioned in this activity.
If you are an occupational therapy professional, the following course information applies to you:
- Target Audience: Occupational Therapists, OTAs
- Instructional Level: Introductory
- Content Focus: Category 1—Domain of OT, Client Factors
When you finish this course you will be able to:
- Enlighten others about the prevalence of human trafficking here and in the world today.
- Identify 3 factors that place a person at risk of becoming a victim of human trafficking.
- Recognize potential victims in clinical settings and state the skills needed to provide a means of escape and support.
- Perform screenings and be knowledgeable about local and national resources for professionals to use.
- State 4 barriers to victim identification and teach ways to address them.
To register and pay via U.S. mail, please download the PDF below and follow the written instructions.
Lauren Robertson, BA, MPT
Tifanie Sbriscia, BS, RN, CWOCN
- 2.00 Contact hours