This program has been pre-approved for 8 contact hours by The Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide continuing education credit to board certified case managers. Activity code: H00040266. Approval number: 190004788.
Nancy R. Kirsch, PT, DPT, PhD, FAPTA
Tracey Long, RN, PhD, APRN
Susan Walters Schmid, PhD
Contact hours: 8
Expiration date: January 1, 2021
Course price: $59
Ethical behaviors for case managers reflect a foundational requirement to be fair and effective in the profession of healthcare and to promote positive patient outcomes. This course offers a basic knowledge of ethics, including your CCM Code of Ethics and how to implement it in your professional practice. It includes both HIPAA and OSHA requirements.
Criteria for Successful Completion
A score of 80% or higher on the post test, a completed evaluation form, and payment where required. No partial credit will be awarded.
To find specific accreditations or approvals, click here.
When you finish this course you will be able to:
- Explain ethical standards of practice.
- Identify the code(s) of ethics that apply to your profession.
- List and define the principles of ethics for healthcare.
- State the relationship between the Rule of Law and ethics and morals.
- Identify 3 legal or regulatory requirements that apply to your practice.
- Be ready to explain the ethical decision-making process with a relevant case.
- Discuss the ways in which HIPAA impacts your daily practice.
- Explain the requirements of OSHA and how they apply to case management.