This program has been pre-approved for 8 contact hours by The Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide continuing education credit to board certified case managers. Activity code: H00040266. Approval number: 190004788.
Nancy R. Kirsch, PT, DPT, PhD, FAPTA
Tracey Long, RN, PhD, APRN
Susan Walters Schmid, PhD
Contact hours: 8
Expiration date: December 31, 2020
Course price: $59
Ethical behaviors for case managers reflect a foundational requirement to be fair and effective in the profession of healthcare and to promote positive patient outcomes. This course offers a basic knowledge of ethics, including your CCM Code of Ethics and how to implement it in your professional practice. It includes both HIPAA and OSHA requirements.
Criteria for Successful Completion
A score of 80% or higher on the post test, a completed evaluation form, and payment where required. No partial credit will be awarded.
When you finish this course you will be able to:
- Explain ethical standards of practice.
- Identify the code(s) of ethics that apply to your profession.
- List and define the principles of ethics for healthcare.
- State the relationship between the Rule of Law and ethics and morals.
- Identify 3 legal or regulatory requirements that apply to your practice.
- Be ready to explain the ethical decision-making process with a relevant case.
- Discuss the ways in which HIPAA impacts your daily practice.
- Explain the requirements of OSHA and how they apply to case management.