Author: Tracey Long, RN, PhD, APRN
Contact hours: 2
Expiration date: September 1, 2021
Course price: $19 ***Use code FMA2 for 50% off thru 9-30-2020
The opioid epidemic, labeled the most serious national issue of our time, has worsened with fentanyl. As a healthcare professional, you have a role in our nation’s fatal opioid epidemic. From those who prescribe to those who administer fentanyl, everyone plays a part in helping or hurting those seeking opioids for pain relief. This course will discuss the causes, definitions of use and abuse, pharmacodynamics, and prevention and treatment strategies for this serious issue in healthcare.
Fentanyl has been pre-approved by CCMC to provide continuing education credit to CCM® board certified case managers. The course is approved for 2 CE contact hours. Activity code: H00040696, Approval Number: 200135604.
- Target Audience: Occupational Therapists, OTAs
- Instructional Level: Intermediate
- Content Focus: Category 1—Domain of OT, Client Factors
Criteria for Successful Completion
A score of 80% or higher on the post test, a completed evaluation form, and payment where required. No partial credit will be awarded.
- State at least 3 other names for fentanyl.
- Explain the proper clinical use for fentanyl for pain relief.
- Name 3 clinical symptoms of fentanyl overdose.
- Explain the 3 stages from use to dependence to addiction of fentanyl.
- Describe the 2 common emergency medications for fentanyl overdose.
- Explain 3 treatment strategies for recovery from abuse.