For mail order or to view/download a printable copy of this course, please click here
Contact hours: 4
Expiration date: October 1, 2022
Course price: $29
This course provides a comprehensive look at abuse in our society. It discusses vulnerabilities of both children and dependent adults and provides indicators of abuse along with its risk and protective factors, suggesting best practices for healthcare workers who confront these populations.
Criteria for Successful Completion
Study the course material, achieve a score of 80% or higher on the post test (the post test can be repeated if a learner scores less than 80%), complete the course evaluation, and pay where required. No partial credit will be awarded.
When you finish this course you will be able to:
- Describe abuse in 3 ways: type, consequences, and incidence and prevalence.
- Identify at least 3 risk and 3 protective factors for victims and perpetrators of abuse.
- State 4 categories of perpetrators.
- List at least 4 physical and 4 behavioral indicators of possible abuse.
- Relate 6 ways to ask about abuse.
- Explain the obligation to report abuse if you are a mandated reporter.
- Name 1 intervention and prevention strategy for addressing abuse.