*This course has been retired. There is no replacement course at this time.
Fran Laughton, RN, MSN, FNP
JoAnn O’Toole, RN, BSN
Lauren Robertson, BA, MPT
Contact hours: 2 hours (Category A)
Expiration date: March 25, 2023
Course price: $19
Approval Statement: This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91). Approval #ONA 21994.
Historical review of the establishment nurse practice acts and nursing boards. Comprehensive discussion of Chapter 4723–4, Rules Related to Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses in Ohio, including delegation. Meets the 2-unit requirement for coursework related to rules and laws for Ohio nurses.
Criteria for Successful Completion
Study the course material, achieve a score of 80% or higher on the post test (the post test can be repeated if a learner scores less than 80%), complete the course evaluation, and pay where required. No partial credit will be awarded.
To find specific accreditations or approvals, click here.
When you finish this course you will be able to:
- State 4 general responsibilities of nursing practice acts.
- Describe the chief responsibility of the Ohio Board of Nursing.
- Summarize the purpose of Chapter 4723-4 of the Ohio Administrative Code.
- Describe the 5 elements of the nursing process for a Registered Nurse.
- Describe 3 ways in which the nursing process as an LPN differs from that of the RN.
- Define specialty certification.
- Provide definitions for delegation and delegating nurse.
- Describe the 4 most common causes of practice failures resulting in disciplinary actions.