For mail order or to view/download a printable copy of this course, please click here.
Tracey Long, RN, PhD, APRN
Contact hours: 4.5
Expiration date: March 1, 2022
Course price: $39
Clinical characteristics of asthma and related airway inflammation, plus the host and environmental factors that contribute to asthma, as well as medication management and the client education essential to optimal results.
The following course information applies to occupational therapy professionals:
- Target Audience: Occupational Therapists, OTAs
- Instructional Level: Advanced
- Content Focus: Category 1—Domain of OT, Client Factors
Category 3—Professional Issues, Legal, Legislative, and Regulatory Issues
Criteria for Successful Completion
A score of 80% or higher on the post test, a completed evaluation form, and payment where required. No partial credit will be awarded.
When you finish this course you will be able to:
- Discuss the incidence and prevalence of asthma in the United States.
- Explain the classifying and assessing of asthma.
- Defend the importance of rigorous client education about asthma.
- Summarize the differential diagnosis and comorbidities of asthma.
- List the environmental factors that contribute to asthma.
- Explain medication management of asthma.
- Describe the way in which partnering with clients leads to optimal results.