Tracey Long, RN, PhD, APRN
Sara E. Wilson, BA
Contact hours: 2.5
Expiration date: December 31, 2021
Course price: $15
If you are a healthcare professional, you have a role in our nation’s opioid epidemic. From those who prescribe to those who administer opioids, everyone plays a part in helping or hurting those seeking opioids for pain relief. This course discusses the causes, definitions of use and abuse, pharmacodynamics, and prevention and treatment strategies for this serious issue in healthcare.
- Target Audience: Occupational Therapists, OTAs
- Instructional Level: Intermediate
- Content Focus: Category 1—Domain of OT, Client Factors
Category 2—Occupational Therapy Process, Outcomes
Criteria for Successful Completion
A score of 80% or higher on the post test, a completed evaluation form, and payment where required. No partial credit will be awarded.
- Name 3 of the five points stated by the government in announcing a national emergency about opioids.
- Identify at least 2 of the causes of the opioid crisis.
- List 6 of the withdrawal symptoms of opioid overdose.
- Name the 3 opioid receptors in the human brain.
- Describe 3 opioid addiction screening tools.
- Identify and discuss the 1 most used medication for reversal of opioid overdose.