- Contact hours:
- Pharmacotherapy hours: 2.5
- Expiration date: December 31, 2019
- Course price: $24
Overview of Parkinson’s Disease (PD) and its current treatment through both pharmaceuticals and deep brain stimulation.
ATrain Education, Inc. is an approved provider by the American Occupational Therapy Association. The following course information applies to occupational therapy professionals:
- Target Audience: Occupational Therapists, OTAs
- Instructional Level: Intermediate
- Content Focus: Catergory1--Domain of OT, Client Factors
Criteria for Successful Completion
80% or higher on the post test, a completed evaluation form, and payment where required. No partial credit will be awarded.
Conflict of Interest/Commercial Support
Objectives: When you finish this course you will be able to:
- Discuss the long history of Parkinson’s disease.
- Describe Parkinson’s disease in detail.
- Explain what happens in the brain that results in PD.
- List both genetic and protective factors that impact PD.
- Spell out the characteristics of PD and differentiate it from other conditions.
- Summarize treatment options, including medications, surgical interventions, and other interventions still in the pipeline.
- Explain the rating scales and their relationship to prognosis of PD.