This course has been approved by the Florida Department of Elder Affairs, Florida Policy Exchange Center on Aging. Approval number SAADC 8462.
Certified Trainer: The author is certified as an ADRD trainer by the Florida Department of Elder Affairs and is available via e-mail at Lauren@ATrainCeu.com or by phone Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Pacific Time) at 707 459 1315.
- Contact hours:
- Pharmacotherapy hours: 0
- Expiration date: August 28, 2020
- Course price: $35
This training is for those of you who have direct contact with patients in specialized Alzheimer's adult day care centers. It is designed to increase your awareness and understanding of Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders.
ATrain Education, Inc. is an approved provider by the American Occupational Therapy Association. The following course information applies to occupational therapy professionals:
- Target Audience: Occupational Therapists, OTAs
Criteria for Successful Completion
80% or higher on the post test, a completed evaluation form, and payment where required. No partial credit will be awarded.
Conflict of Interest/Commercial Support
Objectives: When you finish this course you will be able to:
- Describe 2 differences between Alzheimer’s dementia, vascular dementia, and frontotemporal dementia.
- List 3 ways in which normal cognitive changes that occur in older adults differs from cognitive changes seen in dementia.
- Relate three differences between dementia, delirium, and depression.
- Describe the purpose for a neurocognitive screening.
- Relate 3 ways in which dementia affects communication.
- Describe 5 challenging behaviors that might be associated with dementia.
- Define person-centered care.
- Describe 5 keys points about pain in older adult with dementia.
- Relate the 2 most common classes of medications used in older adults with dementia.
- List 5 factors for malnutrition and dehydration in older adults with dementia.
- Describe 3 features of a meaningful activity.
- Describe the three main components of validation therapy.
- List the two key features of safety technologies.
- Relate 5 ways to reduce caregiver stress.