For mail order or to view/download a printable copy of this course, please click here
Author: Tracey Long, PhD, RN, APRN
Contact hours: 3
Expiration date: May 1, 2021
Course price: $29
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is a chronic and incurable respiratory condition that has three categories: asthma, chronic bronchitis, and emphysema. This course covers these COPD topics: related statistics, anatomy and physiology of breathing, the various causes, risk factors, diagnosis and clinical symptoms, managing COPD, and major complications of COPD.
The following course information applies to occupational therapy professionals:
- Target Audience: Occupational Therapists, OTAs
- Instructional Level: Intermediate
- Content Focus:
- Category 1—Domain of OT, Client Factors
- Category 3—Professional Issues, Legal, Legislative, and Regulatory Issues
Criteria for Successful Completion
A score of 80% or higher on the post test, a completed evaluation form, and payment where required. No partial credit will be awarded.
When you finish this course you will be able to:
- Define chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Name the 3 underlying diseases of COPD.
- Discuss the prevalence, incidence, and morbidity/mortality of COPD.
- Explain how the A&P of breathing is affected by COPD.
- Trace the 5 common clinical symptoms of COPD.
- List 5 major goals of COPD management.
- Name 3 prevention strategies for COPD.