National Institutes of Health
Contact hours: 10
Expiration date: September 1, 2022
Course price: $29
All of us get nearly daily updates on the coronavirus, and sometimes they contradict each other. ATrain Education has taken a long view of SARS-CoV-2 to bring you the best available comprehensive information. This includes the origin of the virus; understanding the chain of infection; an explanation of R Naught (R0, the basic reproduction number); the reason the USA can’t look forward to herd immunity; the status of testing and vaccines; the reasons for public health directives; the history of coronaviruses; and the dire impacts of the virus on minority populations.
The following information is for occupational therapy professionals:
- Target Audience: Occupational Therapists, OTAs
- Instructional Level: Introductory
- Content Focus: Foundational Knowledge: Human Body Development, and Behavior; Social Determinants of Health
Criteria for Successful Completion
A score of 80% or higher on the post test, a completed evaluation form, and payment where required. No partial credit will be awarded.
When you finish this course you will be able to:
- Relate the 4 different types of human coronaviruses.
- State the 6 components of the chain of infection.
- Define R naught, the basic reproductive number.
- Understand 3 reasons why herd immunity does not work during a pandemic.
- Understand 3 differences between a viral test and an antibody test.
- Understand the difference between a live-attenuated vaccine and an inactivated vaccine.
- Remember 4 of the most effective public health measures used during a pandemic.
- State 5 ways in which COVID-19 has adversely affected poor and minority communities.